Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We have PA for Number 2! Now with Photos!!!!

We have PA for our sweet Ezekial Gunter (Qing Zhuang) Mattox.


China has said YES! We can adopt two little boys. The joy that followed that phone call is almost indescribable.

I was with Ellie at an appointment in Nemours with urology. She was in the middle of a sonogram of her kidney. I politley asked the technician if she minded if I took the phone call coming in. When I heard we had PA, I said quite loudly, "Praise the LORD!"

Though she knew nothing of our story at the time, she said to Ellie, "I think your mama has some good news." BTW, she knows the story now! ;)

And, please say a prayer for Ellie and her mama. The enemy has certainly worked diligently to dampen my spirits...our well has tested positive for bacteria, so we've treated it, and the call came today...still positive for bacteria. There was an email from someone that made me less than happy. And, we received some news about Ellie's future that I am still processing. Please pray for her and me....I know the enemy wants my joy.......I'm holding it together, but I need a little more support in the spiritual world. I have that feeling it won't take much......

Now, back to Zeke. Thank you to those who sent information about changing PDF to JPEG. And a BIG thank you to Kim...who did it for me. Here's some older photos of our Zeke:



One of the things that will be really hard during this wait is the limited amount of information we will have on Zeke. He is in the Chanzhi SWI in Shanxi, and I have been able to find nothing about this SWI, not another parent who has adopted a child from there. I am hoping and praying I can get some more information soon. His file is complete, but I want to know more....like what his ayis call him, how big he is now, and what he looks like now. We are BEYOND excited...really!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's got his girl!:) Hang in there. Praying!

Nicole said...

While in the PDF format, click on the Tools tab. Click on "Select and Zoom" then click on "Snapshot." Draw a box around the photo and then copy and paste it into Paint (in your accessories). Then, while in Paint, click on Save As, and select JPEG.

Hope that helps!!! Many congrats!!!

Janet said...

Halalujah! Another orphan with a family! Congratulations--is this child from AH too?

Sheila said...

Congratulations on PA #2!! Praying for peace for both of you.
Sheila

Musings from Kim K. said...

Let me know if you want me to convert them for you, Robbie. Congratulations!!

Scrappy quilter said...

That is so exciting. great news.

jennifer said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for what we've been praying for! What a journey of finding more of Him he must have in store for your family. A miracle.

And, prayers for your current process with Ellie! What a journey of finding more of Him he must have in store for you.

Praying he is with you each step on the way.
Lynda

Michael & Joy said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you all! Wow, two! So exciting! We have the same awesome agency, and we also go to Nemours for nephrology. In Orlando though. And soon for hematology. God's holding you, so you don't have to hold so tight. Hugs,

Terry said...

oh wow Robbie! I didn't think the name Zeke rang a bell! I've been in the clouds! I'm praying for Ellie Robbie. I'm so sorry that the visit didn't bring good news. I totally understand that feeling. But know that we are praying for you.

And I can't wait to see what God has in store for you Robbie. I know it's blessing beyond measure!!! We'll never grow old, will we ? hehe! Terry

Anonymous said...

I know you are crazily busy but would you please send up a prayer request for ST. It woul be most appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei