Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Character Counts




As moms we're sort of proud when our children receive awards.






Well, yesterday was Shining Stars Day at our school, Midway Elementary. I never imagined both of my girls would get the same award!






Now, this little girl tells me she is a good girl at school.....hmmmmm...she is loved by all of her classmates.......hmmmmmm





It am still amazed at how that same spunky girl who loves to challenge her parents is the same sweet little girl who give the best hugs and kisses. She will tell a stranger she has pretty hair, or tell her mommy she is the best mommy in the world.




And, while both sad and sweet...here is a sweet moment for Ellie. She decided to get out of the bath tub when I wasn't in the bathroom. While that may not be an area of concern for some, having Ellie who falls regularly, walk across the bathroom floor with wet feet, IS reason for concern.




So, she fell.




And, she hit her head.




But, her sister ran, sort of, to get me. (She is still recovering from a broken arm, so she didn't want to hurry up the stairs too fast.)




When, I arrived in the bathroom, Ellie was sprawled out on the floor. I'm sorry, but I had to chuckle. She was wrapped in one towel, and her head was placed on another. Josie-Tatum had nursed her a moment before finding Mama. When she saw me, Ellie stopped cyring to say, "Josie's a nice sister."




How's that? Josie-Tatum will take care of her sister, and I pray she always will. And, Ellie will speak kind words about her for her efforts, and I pray she always will.

And, I have to tell you, tonight at prayer time Josie-Tatum tells Jesus, "Jesus, I wish it didn't cost so much to adopt, so maybe Daddy would let us adopt 100 kids."

3 comments:

Janet said...

I agree with JT on that last statement too, would CCAA give me 100?

Amy said...

Love those girls!! And let me know when adoption is more affordable because I will be first in line for my 100!!!
amy

Anonymous said...

Blessings for a mama's heart! SO SWEET! Just shows what a Godly example they are being shown at home! Way to go mom and dad! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei