Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Josie-Tatum Update

I apologize to those who have asked. Thank you for your prayers.



The doctor said the bone is as strong as it could possibly, perhaps stronger than the uninjured arm. It may be months before she has regained full use of it....and please pray that she will regain 100% use. He advised us not to push her, to allow her to use her arm only to the extent that she is comfortable.



And, today, do you know what she chose to do?




She went to the gym! What a brave girl! She did not work on the bars, as her arm is not ready for that, nor did she to the vault. She did, though, work on the beam. Brave girl! She did her floor routine, minus the back handspring. Her coach was wonderfully supportive of allowing her to do what she is comfortable doing, letting her take it slow, and making sure her return to the gym is positive.

Oh, me...of little faith. I was worried that her anxieties would keep her from going back.

And, take a look at that photo again.

The arm that is bent is NOT her injured arm. Her joints are so flexible, it is bent in the opposite direction. The straight arm is the arm that was broken.

While JT was at the gym, Ellie and I had an afternoon with just the two of us. It's been two months. We need to enjoy this Mama and Ellie alone time. I pray that the end of this year will bring a house full of children even when Josie-Tatum is not home. We enjoyed Just Dance 2, my new exercise routine.



Now, just for fun....if you want to read the story of a miraculous provision, go over to my friend Terry's blog . Tell her I sent you. And, then come back and tell me what an inspiring story you think it was!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am glad her arm is doing so well. And, as far as the other blog, wow! God is good!

jennifer said...

Awesome!

The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hello! This is ashley from the cutest blog on the block. I apologize for the 'my pc techs' pop up you keep getting on your blog. Click here to find out how to remove it: http://2momstalk.blogspot.com/2011/01/pop-up-on-blog.html

Thanks,

Ashley

Jennifer Dixon said...

We love Just Dance 2 as well, but then Joseph got Just Dance 1 the other day for his birthday so we have been "getting down" to some different tunes... it is definitely a work-out!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei